Thursday 5 October 2017

Why You Need To Be Using Essential Oils


I use essential oils everyday. My love for them started when I was pretty young. My Mum had the most amazing essential oil kit and I loved smelling all the different scents. She would always give me a handkerchief with a few drops of eucalyptus oil to sniff if I had a cold, or would place a drop of lavender on my pillow to help me sleep.
These simple practises became staples in my life and I still do them to this day. There are many benefits of essential oils including stress relief, relaxation, improving digestion, healing skin conditions, alleviating pain, balancing hormones, reducing wrinkles, cellulite and fighting against flu's and colds.


Some of my favourite essential oils are:

Lavender - calming & helps with insomnia
Patchouli - helps to treat hair & skin conditions
Peppermint - sooths digestion, relieves muscle pain & promotes hair growth
Lemongrass - is an antiseptic and helps sooth digestion
Rose Geranium - improves metabolism & helps to treat skin conditions
Eucalyptus - an antibacterial & antiseptic
Tea Tree - an antibacterial & antiseptic

I carry small roller bottles around with me everywhere. I have blends for my thyroid, headaches, digestion, even a blend I wear for deodorant. I also like to use them instead of perfumes. I find that store bought perfumes give my a headache and are too sweet for my liking. I love to mix customs blends to suit my mood for each day. The oils also last much longer than regular perfumes because they are so concentrated. 

Next time you need a pick me up or are feeling under the weather try using essential oils. The holistic practise has been around for centuries and has proven health benefits. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© EmmaTara. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig