Monday 27 March 2017

Why I Don't Wear Deodorant


I try to live as close to a natural, holistic lifestyle as possible. Many everyday products are full of harmful chemicals. Having Graves' disease and taking 7 different tablets (yes 7 :(...) full of chemicals daily has already left my body in a state of shock. Because of this I always try to find products that are as natural as possible.

Now, I'm not a sweaty person. I never have been. But now that I'm taking all this medication my sweat smells of chemicals. It's so gross! The last thing I want is to be placing more harmful toxins under my arms.

Almost all everyday deodorants found at the grocery store contain parabens and aluminium. These fill the sweat ducts to stop you from sweating. This can cause the pores to clog which leads to product build up and infections. These toxins have been linked to infertility, Alzheimer's Disease and cancer. So you can see, using a natural aluminium free deodorant is very important for your health.

There are many fantastic and natural alternatives to deodorant that will stop you from further harming your body and leave you smelling fresh all day long.

My favourite natural deodorant is the Sage Deodorant from Weleda. It smells so fresh and does not leave powder or a sticky feeling like other deodorants do. I like to team it with essential oils. I use these instead of perfume as they last longer and also have healing effects on the body such as stress and headache relief. Also as the day goes on the better the oils seem to smell. I get more compliments at the end of the day than the start, which I always find funny. My favourite essential oils to wear are lavender, rose geranium and patchouli.

So next time you need to buy deodorant do your body a favour and look for a natural one.








SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© EmmaTara. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig